If you are an experienced tradesperson, you may be eligible to write the Interprovincial Red Seal Exam and achieve Journeyman status. Your goal could be to advance in your career, earn a higher wage, immigrate to Canada, or simply have past work experience validated. The Canadian Journeyman Preparation Program is designed to help experienced individuals strengthen their technical knowledge, understand the goals and methodologies of Interprovincial Red Seal examinations, and identify gaps in occupational skills. The study materials are discussed and interpreted, providing valuable insight into the structure, composition and goals of Interprovincial Red Seal examinations.
The course consists of five units in which students will have access to 40 hours of materials including videos, PDFs, weblinks, activities, and quizzes. The materials reflect the content of provincial curriculums and Canadian apprenticeship programs, and the National Occupational Analysis for the specific trade.
This program is suitable for individuals who have significant work experience as concrete finishers and wish to challenge the Interprovincial Red Seal Exam. The Provincial Training Authority of the province in which the student resides is solely responsible for administering the Red Seal Challenge process. Please check the minimum eligibility requirements before registering.
- Self paced: learn anytime, day or night, and focus on the areas that you need to improve on.
- Unlimited access to course materials.
- 40 hours of educational materials, including videos, PDFs, weblinks, activities, and quizzes.
- Strong technical review of codes and standards, cement types, and placement.
- A Concrete Finisher Glossary which contains related vocabulary.
- A Concrete Finisher Appendix which contains additional information and reviews.
- Detailed explanations of test question formats and strategies used.
- A skill determination test that resembles the complexity and duration of the Interprovincial Red Seal Exam.
By the end of this program, students will:
- Understand how the National Occupational Analysis relates to the content of the Interprovincial Red Seal examination for Concrete Finishers.
- Have an advanced understanding of mix design, concrete placement, mixing, finishing, curing and testing.
- Review the types and uses of a variety of equipment and tools used by concrete finishers.
- Review other associated occupational tasks as defined by the National Occupational Analysis including formwork, grout, and surface applications.
- Complete a mock Red Seal-style exam.
Minimum Technology Requirements
PC -Pentium III 600 MHz processor or faster, 256 MB RAM or greater (512 MB recommended), Windows XP/Vista/Win7 MAC- Intel x 86 based processor, 512 MB RAM or greater (1 GB recommended), Mac OS-X 10.5 (Leopard) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard); Google Chrome Browser; Speakers or Headphones; Microphone; Camera or Smartphone to take digital photos; Reliable and unrestricted internet connection; comfortable using the internet.
*Much of the course content can be access via the Moodle App (iOS and Andriod), however students should have access to a laptop or desktop for the best learning experience.
Limited Time Introductory Pricing
This program does not require approval from the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training as such students are not eligable to file a claim against the Student Protect Fund.