If you are an experienced tradesperson, you may be eligible to write the Interprovincial Red Seal Exam and achieve Journeyman status. Your goal could be to advance in your career, earn a higher wage, immigrate to Canada, or simply have past work experience validated. The Canadian Journeyman Preparation Program is designed to help experienced individuals strengthen their technical knowledge, understand the goals and methodologies of Interprovincial Red Seal examinations, and identify gaps in occupational skills. The study materials are discussed and interpreted, providing valuable insight into the structure, composition and goals of Interprovincial Red Seal examinations.
The course consists of 17 units in which students will have access to 40 hours of materials including videos, PDFs, weblinks, activities, and quizzes. The materials reflect the content of provincial curriculums and Canadian apprenticeship programs and the National Occupational Analysis for the specific trade.
This program is suitable for individuals who have significant work experience as welders and wish to challenge the Interprovincial Red Seal Exam. The Provincial Training Authority of the province in which the student resides is solely responsible for administering the Red Seal Challenge process. Please check the minimum eligibility requirements before registering.
- Self paced: learn anytime, day or night, and focus on the areas that you need to improve on.
- Unlimited access to course materials.
- 40 hours of educational materials, including videos, PDFs, weblinks, activities, and quizzes.
- Detailed explanations of safety procedures, codes standards as well as technical language for Welders.
- Comprehensive clarifications of blueprints, career outcomes, and Red Seal exam content.
- Develop strategies to apply technical and theoretical knowledge in order to correctly answer IP Red Seal exam-style questions
By the end of this program, students will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the scope and nature of their occupation as defined by the National Occupational Analysis (NOA) and how the NOA influences the content of IP Red Seal exams.
- Become familiar with technical terminology associated with their trade.
- Be familiar with codes and standards associated with their trade.
- Have strengthened technical knowledge in respect to the processes and procedures associated with common tasks of the occupation.
- Develop strategies to apply technical and theoretical knowledge in order to correctly answer IP Red Seal exam-style questions.
- Develop effective study habits.
Minimum Technology Requirements
PC -Pentium III 600 MHz processor or faster, 256 MB RAM or greater (512 MB recommended), Windows XP/Vista/Win7 MAC- Intel x 86 based processor, 512 MB RAM or greater (1 GB recommended), Mac OS-X 10.5 (Leopard) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard); Google Chrome Browser; Speakers or Headphones; Microphone; Camera or Smartphone to take digital photos; Reliable and unrestricted internet connection; comfortable using the internet.
*Much of the course content can be access via the Moodle App (iOS and Andriod), however students should have access to a laptop or desktop for the best learning experience.
This program is under review by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training and enrolment will be available soon! To reserve your seat, please email email@example.com