Students will explore careers in the Hospitality Industry with this foundation level program. Students will graduate with a broad knowledge of hotel and restaurant operations and a realistic sense of the industry as a whole. This program is designed to help graduates transition into entry level employment or more advanced studies.
- 80 hours of interactive, online learning materials
- Explore entry level, supervisory and corporate rolls in the hospitality industry
- All instructors are current for former hospitality professionals
- Case studies and scenarios
- Learn about restaurant, hotel, bar and travel agency operations
By the end of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify a range of employment opportunities in the Hospitality Industry
- Recognize industry standard practices and processes
- Demonstrate knowledge of major tools, equipment and materials used in restaurants and hotels
- Construct an individualized resume and cover letter
Minimum Technology Requirements
PC -Pentium III 600 MHz processor or faster, 256 MB RAM or greater (512 MB recommended), Windows XP/Vista/Win7 MAC- Intel x 86 based processor, 512 MB RAM or greater (1 GB recommended), Mac OS-X 10.5 (Leopard) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard); Google Chrome Browser; Speakers or Headphones; Microphone; Camera or Smartphone to take digital photos; Reliable and unrestricted internet connection; comfortable using the internet.
*Much of the course content can be access via the Moodle App (iOS and Andriod), however students should have access to a laptop or desktop for the best learning experience.
High school graduation from a country in which an official language is English and the main language of instruction was English (proof required) OR IELTS with minimum 5 band in each skill area or equivalent (CELPIP 5 in each skill area, TOEIC 500, CEFR B2) OR Completion of Level 5 of an English as a Second Language program OR Minimum score of 70% on the CIBL English Assessment and interview to verify language skill.
As per the Private Career Traning Act in British Columbia, admission requirements cannot be waived by the Institution or the student. Admission fees are non-refundable.
Hospitality Futures was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.