PROGRAM INFORMATION AT A GLANCE
PROGRAM NAME: Hospitality Futures
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Proof of Language Ability (High school graduation from a country in which an official language is English and the main language of instruction was English (proof required) OR IELTS with minimum 5 band in each skill area or equivalent (CELPIP 5 in each skill area, TOEIC 500, CEFR B2) OR Completion of Level 5 of an English as a Second Language program)
- Admission requirements can not be waived by the institute or the student.
DURATION: 80 hours
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: 6 MONTHS (see “completing the program” and “extensions” for more information)
PROGRAM DELIVERY METHOD: Online/Instructor guided
LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION: English
CREDENTIAL EARNED: Certificate of Completion
APPLICATION FEE: $150.00 CAD
TUITION FEE: $1150.00 CAD (non-refundable)
PROGRAM APPROVAL: Required by the Private Training Institutions Branch
Students will explore careers in the Hospitality Industry with this foundation level program. Students will graduate with a broad knowledge of hotel and restaurant operations and a realistic sense of the industry as a whole. This program is designed to help graduates transition into entry level employment or more advanced studies.
By the end of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify a range of employment opportunities in the Hospitality industry.
- Recognize industry standard practices and processes as they relate to various occupations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of major tools, equipment and materials used in hotels and restaurants.
- Construct an individualized resume and cover letter.
PC – Pentium III 600 MHz processor or faster, 256 MB RAM or greater (512 MB recommended), Windows XP/Vista/Win7 MAC– Intel x 86 based processor, 512 MB RAM or greater (1 GB recommended), Mac – OS-X 10.5 (Leopard) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard); Google Chrome Browser; Speakers or Headphones; Microphone; Camera or Smartphone to take digital photos; Reliable and unrestricted internet connection; comfortable using the internet.
*Much of the course content can be accessed via the Moodle App (iOS and Andriod), however students should have access to a laptop or desktop for the best learning experience.
Student access to the online learning platform is granted for a period of 6 months from the issuance of a username and password. Extended access is granted at a rate of $150.00 per month per course, when requested by the student. Requests for extensions can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing the course: Upon receipt of the course fees, a username and password will be sent to the email provided within 2 business days. If you do not receive our username and password please email email@example.com.
Refunds for approved programs are granted as per the requirements of the Private Training Institutions Branch.
Refunds are granted if the institution receives a student’s notice of withdrawal or the institution delivers a notice of dismissal to the student and:
- (a) the student has completed and received an evaluation of his or her performance for up to 30% of the hours of instruction to be provided during the contract term, the institution may retain up to 30% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract, or
- (b) the student has completed and received an evaluation of his or her performance for more than 30% but less than 50% of the program, the institution may retain up to 50% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract.
Admission fees are non-refundable. Please ensure you meet the entrance requirements before applying.